From local law enforcement authorities, we often receive subpoenas and court orders requiring us to help investigate internet crimes. In order to better know our customers (KYC) and prevent our services from being criminally abused, we now require new customers who have ordered certain services to verify their identity.
- Not all products require identity verification. Only if the customer order the products and services marked as requiring KYC identity verification need to comply.
- Once a customer account passes KYC and marked verified, the status will be good for 2 years.
We ask our customers for 2 types of documents to establish their identity and residence.
- One of the following government issued photo ID to verify your identity
- National ID card
- Driving license
- Passport and other travel documents
- Visa stamp
- Business registration certificates (for business)
- One of the following proof of address documents with your full name and address
- Bank / credit card statements
- Utility bills: water, electricity, gas, landline, internet, cable TV, mobile phone
- Tax returns
Customers should submit one document for each category via our online KYC system, to have their account verified. Our support agents will also contact the customer to ask for KYC documents, after an unverified account places an order for services that require KYC check. Failure to respond to our request in a timely manner may incur losses to customers.
We will provision ordered services regardless of a customer's KYC status. However, a customer with unverified KYC status won't be able to access or manage the provisioned services. In such case, although inaccessible, the ordered service is considered fully delivered. And the customer shall not be compensated for their loss of use time.
The customer data we collect will be stored encrypted. We will only disclose this information when required by local authorities where the related service locates.
Some services are delivered by our local partners. To comply with regulations they are bound to, our local partners may require additional documents or verification. Such additional KYC requirements will be communicated in related service descriptions.